Few things can make as dramatic a statement as a backless wedding gown — a drop-dead detail that is sure to have all eyes focused on you as you walk down the aisle! Completely backless wedding dress designs have captured the hearts of modern brides who want to embrace their femininity and accentuate their curves on their wedding day. Be romantic, elegant, sexy and a little bit daring and bare your back with a breathtakingly low backless gown that will have jaws dropping and will ensure you are the center of attention on your wedding day!
To assist in your quest of finding that perfect wedding dress, we’ve put together a list of 12 of our fave backless wedding dresses and gowns that will have you ooh-ing and aah-ing. We hope you enjoy our selection of wedding gowns that in our opinion are fit for a princess marrying her prince, of course. Brace yourselves for a sea of beauty — feminine silhouettes, pearl and crystal accents, romantic lace and layers of tulle…sigh.
1. Photo Credit: galialahav.com A Galia Lahav creation from the La Dolce Vita collection that we can’t help but adore! Entirely covered in a sheer glamorous lace fabric. Show off your back in this beaded French lace backless wedding dress with accents of pearl and crystal jewels — a perfect creation.
2. Photo Credit: essensedesigns.com This dreamy and eye-catching lace over lustre satin fit-and-flare wedding gown from the Stella York bridal gown collection with an open back fits to the shape of your body and then flares slightly at the bottom.
3. Photo Credit: maggiesottero.com Wedding dress designer Maggie Sottero is a magician when it comes to creating jaw-dropping wedding gowns, like this exquisite bead embroidered sheath wedding dress with Swarovski crystal neckline. The lace that adorns the bodice flatters the curve of your lower back and comes complete with a stunning double keyhole back.
4. Photo Credit: essensedesigns.com Show off your back in this timeless designer fit-and-flare wedding dress wonder from the Essense of Australia Wedding Dress Collection. Made from the finest lace over rich Dolce satin, this Hollywood glam gown is designed to accentuate your hourglass curves in a sophisticated manner and to fit your body like a glove!
5. Photo Credit: jlmcouture.com We are in love with Jim Hjelm’s stunning interpretation of this ivory Alencon lace over champagne charmeuse A-line formal bridal gown, with an ivory ribbon boasting floral detail accentuating the open back.
6. Photo Credit: galialahav.com Dramatic and elegant, the “Pricilla” tight lace mermaid dress boasts a sheer back, and pearl and crystal embroidered motifs. The pearl strands falling along the back will draw all eyes to the arch of your back.
7. Photo Credit: essensedesigns.com From the Essense of Australia wedding dress collection, this chic backless bridal gown embraces modern minimalism with its tailored, clean lines of Crepe, flute-shaped train and sheer magic illusion back that zips up under fabric-covered buttons. It could very well be the wedding dress of your dreams!
8. Photo Credit: essensedesigns.com A stunning luxe tafetta wedding dress with a figure-flattering trumpet silhouette and a romantic removable lace overlay that creates a beautiful V-neck and a sexy deep V-back designed by Essense of Australia. The detachable French-wide satin sash adds wow to this breathtaking ensemble.
9. Photo Credit: essensedesigns.com This glamorous, sexy and extravagant modified fit-and-flare wedding gown from the Stella York bridal gown collection is made of stunning silver lace over Regency organza. It has an elegant illusion high neckline and back that make quite a head-turning statement!
10. Photo Credit: essensedesigns.com Another backless beauty from the Essense of Australia wedding dress collection, this decadent beaded fit and flare gown features the finest lace and Regency organza on a seductive figure-flattering fitted bodice with delicate lace straps, a sweetheart neckline, full skirt and a low back. Because the focus is placed on the design of the back, every exit will be as fashionable and memorable as your entrance.
11. Photo Credit: jlmcouture.com A stunning and oh-so-glamorous bridal gown creation made with alabaster tulle and featuring a halter high-neck alabaster and crystal bodice, full horse-hair flounced skirt and chapel train. This Hayley Paige backless wedding dress takes our breath away!
12. Photo Credit: jlmcouture.com Exude sexy elegance with this Ivory Cashmere English Net bridal gown with a sheer bateau neckline and three-quarter length sleeves from Ti Adora by Alvina Valenta. Sigh. Stunning!
There you have it — our list of beautiful backless wedding dresses and gowns. Feeling inspired? We hope that this list helps you with your decision on the dress that will make you feel truly divine! Though, with so many dresses to choose from, one wonders whether 3 dress changes on the day will be even possible! Decisions, decisions…
We’ve noticed that low back and open back wedding dresses are on trend this season and they are drop-dead gorgeous! They add a memorable surprise to a gown’s design. Since the focus is placed on the design at the back of the dress, every exit becomes as fashionable and memorable as your entrance. So the question is, would you wear one?