Short wedding dresses have become a popular choice for brides who want something a little different. The unfussy silhouette of a tea length dress will get you down the aisle and through your reception in comfort and style. Whether you’re looking to pull off a modern or classic style, short wedding dresses ensure you’re dressed to the nines in a way that you and everyone else will go gaga for! These dresses can be customized with long sleeves, lace, waist-cinching bridal sashes and belts or a stunning one-shoulder style.
Short bridal gowns enable the bride to make the most of warmer days by showing off her lovely legs, while pairing the dress with a gorgeous pair of wedding shoes. Any of these fun and flirty short wedding dresses would be ideal for a less formal or outdoor wedding. So, get your fashion imagination racing and check out these cuties!
1. Photo Credit: jlmcouture.com This vintage-style 1950’s tea length dress is to die for! The ivory Alencon lace short wedding dress features a sweetheart neckline, circular skirt with scalloped hem and beaded sash belt at natural waist.
2. Photo Credit: jlmcouture.com A satin-faced Organza short wedding dress with pretty waist detail and ombre-pleated peplum.
3. Photo Credit: pronovias.com Afun, short and flared tulle and lace wedding dress with a sheer off-the-shoulder bodice over a sweetheart neckline with elbow-length sleeves. Narrow grosgrain bow at the waist serves as a belt.
4. Photo Credit: jlmcouture.com A fun ‘n flirty ivory lace over champagne Charmeuse short dress with a sheer bateau neckline and low open back. A jeweled crystal appliqué on a sash accentuates the natural waist.
5. Photo Credit: demetriosbride.com This sexy short wedding dress from the Monique Lhuillier Spring collection is a two-piece strapless A-line wedding gown with asymmetrical ruching on the bodice and a corset back. The removable ruffled organza skirt showcases a mini bridal gown perfect for cake-cutting or dancing.
6. Photo Credit: pronovias.com Ideal for modern and urban brides, this sexy, yet feminine French designer cocktail bridal gown in tulle features gemstone embroidery, a bodice with bateau neckline, floral appliqués and a narrow grosgrain belt trimmed with a little bow. Sigh!
7. Photo Credit: rivini.com This fun and flirtatious silk chiffon sweetheart-style Tobi Hannah Running Vintage Style bridal gown is short in the front and long at the back. Features a delicate Chantilly lace overlay.
8. Photo Credit: demetriosbride.com A sleeveless, cocktail length wedding dress featuring a Venice lace bodice with a sheer neckline, a full tulle skirt and a belt with jeweled appliqué. Perfect for a destination wedding, or even an outdoor rustic or farm wedding.
9. Photo Credit: pronovias.com This short lace stunner by Atelier Pronovias features a tulle interior with paillettes covered with tulle petit pois and rebrode lace appliqués. The straight skirt with longer flared overskirt at the back, V-neck with elbow-length sleeves, and grosgrain belt with fantasy zipper appliqués boasting crystal and pearl gemstone embroidery make this dress an amazing choice for an urban bride.
10. Photo Credit: demetriosbride.com An A-line, cocktail length strapless wedding dress embellished with jeweled trim on waist, Chantilly lace and a scalloped neckline and hem.
Bonus: Four of our favorite short wedding dresses from BHLDN that double up as short and sweet wedding reception dresses too!
We absolutely adore how short wedding dresses can create a totally different look for the bride. Style, elegance, romance, femininity and fun are not lost by showing off your contemporary side in one of these gorgeous bridal gowns. If you’re keen to step away from the norm, we have tons of more wedding dress inspiration on our Pinterest board.