This is an amazing year for bridal hair accessories. Whether it’s hair accessories or jewelry, 2013 trends are all about achieving a distinctive and personalized look. Sure, everyone focuses on the bridal gown, but it’s the right bridal accessories that have the power to pull your entire look together. Want to find out how the 2013 trends can help you create a bold statement that really says “Here comes the bride!”, then read on…
1. Color, a Little or a Lot The latest word in bridal hair accessories is color. Gone are the days when white on white with white, or even cream was in. 2013 is all about bold hues. Think a fuchsia hair clip or a gold rum champagne tiara. Many brides are opting to show some color with brightly colored shoes. Jewelry is also getting a makeover, with brides choosing wedding jewelry sets in a fantastic array of colors to showcase their personality and to add a fun, modern twist to the traditional bridal ensemble. The hottest color accent trend for 2013? Definitely black! We’ve fallen in love with black fascinators, black birdcage veils and black sash belts, for starters.
2. Make a Statement with Eye-Catching Necklaces One of the more popular trends for bridal accessories in 2013 is the statement necklace—the most interesting, attractive, and eye-catching element of your bridal ensemble. Brides can really create a distinctive look with these exquisite pieces—whether they’re sparkling, quirky, bold, or unique. A distinctive statement necklace gives you a real couture, high-fashion look and it reflects your personality. Our favorites? Anything with bold colors and textures or long layers, or pearl necklaces and crystal necklaces! A bridal necklace set doesn’t have to be bright in color or over-sized, though. It is just the first element of your outfit that family, friends and guests will notice, and it will become a part of your “signature style”.
3. Wedding Headbands Are Among the Top Bridal Hair Accessories Say goodbye to wedding tiaras. Wedding headbands are the perfect accent to less traditional bridal gowns and are the new standard in whimsical, yet romantic wedding hair accessories. What’s particularly wonderful about these wedding headpieces is that they are available in so many interesting and beautiful options, and they’re compatible with nearly any hairstyle. Satin ribbon headbands with rhinestone and crystal embellishments or side-accented headbands for a modern chic twist! Even silk flowers and feathers are showing up on headbands, in fun colors, too.
4. Bridal Veils Are Back As far as bridal accessories go, there may be nothing more traditional than the bridal veil headpiece. In 2013, brides are opting for shorter, updated veils. Bridal bird cage veils are still very popular and give an automatic vintage glam look. But let’s not forget that Kate Middleton also helped to bring back the longer, lacier bridal veil headpiece styles, which means that 2013 trends for veils are going to be both short and long!
5. Not Your Grandmother’s Brooch Whoever thinks brooches are stuffy or old-fashioned hasn’t seen this new crop of brooches. We’re not talking about your grandmother’s brooch here. This year’s brides-to-be are finding creative ways to incorporate these wedding accessories into their ensembles. Brooches are very versatile. They can be worn as bridal hair accessories, on your bridal belt, on your gown for a glistening and glamorous touch, as a pin, or even as shoe clips! And by the way, these beautiful modern hair accessories make amazing bridesmaid gifts!
6. Did We Mention Bridal Ribbon Belts? Bridal ribbon belts is one trend that has come a long way. Once a rarity as a bridal accessory, bridal belts are now the newest trend to be seen in the fashion world. They’re now taking their place front and center among sashes as a classic yet glitzy way to adorn a simple wedding gown. Bridal ribbon belts are very versatile…dress your look up with a rhinestone-embellished belt or get romantic with a cluster of soft, blush silk roses or a bow sash belt. For a simple but elegant touch, you can add any beautiful brooch to a plain satin bridal sash belt. Contrasting fabrics, eye-catching colors, and unusual designs can make a statement no wedding dress can make on its own. As for color, a black or champagne sash embellished with chunky stones, pearls and even lace truly makes a statement!
7. It’s All About Vintage Style We’ve mentioned bird cage veils, bridal belts and brooches, all of which are accessories that could be found as embellishments on brides a couple of generations ago. Vintage style is definitely in. This style has been on our trendy list for two years running, and it has made the 2013 trend list too, meaning vintage isn’t going anywhere any time soon. Think lacy patterns in rich rhodium plating, with scattered Swarovski crystals and sprays of feathers, intricate beading, huge, breathtaking rhinestones and chunky pearls, all interlaced in an asymmetrical pattern. With all this and more, it’s easy to see why retro accessories are still dominating the pages of bridal magazines and the wedding blogs.
A Bonus 2013 Trend We’ve been seeing a strong, growing trend of brides shopping for not one, but two wedding looks. Formal attire for the ceremony and a fun, sexier look for the reception. This two-dress trend that seemed so out of the ordinary in 2010 is now a pattern some brides are employing—though still an overly pricey option for most. That’s where bridal accessories come in. Your jewelry, your bridal hair accessories and your shoes can take your bridal gown from day to night, from formal to casual… in other words, from ceremony to reception! For example, picture a cathedral length, embroidered veil for the ceremony, like the Stunning Cathedral Floral Embroidery Veil, paired with an elegant matching tiara and jewelry pearl set, like the Freshwater Pearl and Crystal Bridal Tiara.